Big Time has won the prestigious Game of the Year title at the Polkastarter Gaming GAM3 Awards 2022. The action-adventure game from Open Loot is an open-world RPG with unique blockchain game mechanics. Take a look at the game from the episode of the SlateCast earlier this year.
After narrowing down the nominees to 32 games from a pool of over 200+ web3 games the awards are now complete. Alongside the industry jury, there were over 200,000 community votes across the 16 categories.
This year’s winners are:
- Game of the Year: Big Time
- Most Anticipated Game: Shrapnel
- Best Graphics: Star Atlas
- Best Action Game: Superior
- Best Mobile Game: Thetan Arena
- Best Adventure Game: Big Time
- Best Casual Game: Blankos Block Party
- Best RPG: Illuvium
- Best Shooter Game: MetalCore
- Best Strategy Game: Gods Unchained
- Best Card Game: Gods Unchained
- Best Multiplayer Game: EV.IO
- Best Esports Game: EV.IO
- Best Content Creator: Brycent
- People’s Choice Award: League of Kingdoms
- Games’ Choice Award: The Harvest
Each of these games will share prizes valued at over $ 1 million worth of services & grants from Immutable X, CryptoSlate, Blockchain Game Alliance, Machinations, Ultra, and many more.
Following in the footsteps of The Game Awards, Polkastarter Gaming’s GAM3 Awards included more than an awards ceremony, showcasing the first look at exclusive footage of new web3 games. Blocklords gameplay was seen in action for the first time, along with Mythic Protocol, Cards of Ethernity, Mummy.io, and Elarium updates and announcements.
Urvit Goel, Head of Global Games at Polygon Studios, commented
“It is an amazing list of quality games that really showcase what is coming in the blockchain gaming space. The GAM3 Awards has shown how many quality blockchain games are being built, and the passion of those builders.”
The Gam3 Awards will be back in 2023 with the prospect of a live event as announced by the Head of Gaming at Polkastarter, Omar Ghanem during a recent live stream.