- Jason’s recent move to Taipei, Taiwan for his venture capital firm, Sora Ventures
- The advantages of Taiwan as a location for blockchain and cryptocurrency companies
- The potential for experimentation and innovation in the blockchain industry in Taiwan
- The comparison of Taiwan to Singapore and Hong Kong in terms of their regulatory frameworks and their potential for blockchain and cryptocurrency companies
- The potential challenges facing crypto companies in Hong Kong in the future
- The importance of being in a flexible and open environment that allows for exploration and experimentation in the blockchain industry.
SlateAsia Episode 2
In the latest episode of the SlateAsia podcast, co-host Jason Fang discussed his recent move to Taiwan and why he believes it is a more crypto-friendly environment compared to places like Singapore and Hong Kong.
Jason, who recently moved his venture capital firm to Taiwan, explained that the move was motivated by the more flexible regulatory environment in Taiwan. Unlike Singapore and Hong Kong, which have strict regulatory frameworks in place for the crypto industry, Taiwan is still in the early stages of developing its framework. This, according to Jason, allows for more flexibility and the ability to explore and experiment with new ideas in the blockchain space.
Jason also discussed the current state of the crypto industry in Asia, highlighting the rise of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and the potential for blockchain technology to disrupt various industries. He also emphasized the importance of being in an environment that is open to new ideas and allows for the sharing of those ideas with others in the industry.
In addition to the regulatory environment, Jason cited the strong support for the blockchain industry in Taiwan as another factor in his decision to move there. The Taiwanese government has been actively promoting the development of the industry and has introduced measures to support blockchain startups and entrepreneurs.
Overall, Jason believes that Taiwan provides a unique platform for the growth of the crypto industry in Asia and is an attractive destination for blockchain firms looking to expand in the region.